Thursday, February 2, 2012

Slurries and Goals

Adam and I began eating an invention of his father's, that we all just call slurry, in the beginning of January. Slurry is comprised of a mixture of natural peanut butter, sunflower kernels, wheat germ, flax seed, cocoa, black strap molasses and blueberries, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. It provides 100% nutritional value. I have never been a person to eat berries, really of any kind, so the blueberries freaked me out a little bit, but after a month of eating it pretty regularly, I've gotten used to it. We started eating two a day, breakfast and lunch, and then a healthy dinner. Now we both are down to eating just one during the day and a healthy dinner.
Due to the unseasonably nice weather we have been having, Adam and I sometimes take walks around our neighborhood in the evening, and a few times we actually got up in time to do this before work. He's participating at his work in a "Biggest Loser" sort of competition. He is doing really well. I am doing okay, but could do better. I've lost about 5 or 6 pounds this month, and I can't complain about that at all. I am hoping to lose something in the neighborhood of 50 pounds. I know it can't happen over night but I hope I hit a better stride than 5 pounds a month soon. I hope to lose at least 10 in February. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment