Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Wouldn't Say That Was Easy...

Today marks day 8/90 of our P90X workout regimen. While Adam is away on business and making due with hotel fitness equipment, Summer and I are keeping it going here at home. Since its the start of week 2, we just do the same workouts we just did per day for last week. The switch-up happens in week 4. So we did Chest & Back again tonight, Plyometrics tomorrow. And you know what?

WE KILLED IT!!

Now its important to note that by "killed it" i mean that we both improved from last week. We by no means did as much as the psychos in the video. But we are proud of us right now. We didnt wear out as fast as last time, and we both did more repititions than we could do at the beginning. I feel a lot better and i am starting to feel a tiny bit more fit.

But there's somewhat discouraging news, too. I have lost ONE pound. Just... one. And that hardly counts as a person's weight fluctuates by 2 or 3 pounds each day. I know that i didnt pack this weight on in one week, and i know it will take a while to see the results I'm looking for. While I presently don't see the results, i can feel them. This is as much about health and well-being to me as it is about looking great (or gosh, even good) in a bathing suit, or even just a pair of shorts. So i am not going to focus on the weight loss, it will come with time. It's only been a week. I am not going to stress about that piece.

So I'm pretty proud of us right now for keeping our game faces on. It is not easy, but its totally worth it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! One thing I do is measure myself every 4 weeks. The scale doesn't always move but sometimes you can lose inches. :) Just a suggestion. I look forward to hearing more about this.

    ReplyDelete