Thursday, July 7, 2011

Try, Try Again.

It's been a while. I'm a busy gal. Well, most of the time. Some of the time I am simply too lazy, or better yet, too overstimulated to formulate enough coherent and related thoughts to put them down. I need to center myself a little bit, and I suppose there's no time like the present.

At last posting, I was still hoping to start the nursing program with Penn Valley this fall. That's not happening - I didn't make the cut. I suppose they have their reasons, and all I can do is try to push forward from here. I plan to apply again in August to start in January, but after the upset the rejection letter caused me last time, I'm not holding my breath. At this point, there is little difference in the amount of time it would take to complete the Associates Degree Nursing program and a Bachelor's in Nursing. So whatever will happen will happen and I am prepared to move forward regardless of what the letter says this time.

After living in our current house for 3 years, Adam and I have decided to take up residence in Smithville, Missouri. It's about 6 miles north of where we are currently, but the change of scenery should do us all some good. Carisma is looking forward to starting fresh at a new school, and Adam and I are both looking forward to the relaxing atmosphere the town has to offer. Right now, our current street is under construction, the barricades are literally feet from our driveway, and there has never been a sidewalk so we feel often cooped up. The new area is an older neighborhood, and the house isn't exactly perfect, but it will do for a while. We are looking forward to walking the trails, hanging by the lake, maybe we'll even pick up bike-riding. Who knows. We are both looking at this move to a neighborhood like this as a means of getting back to healthy shape, as we are both far from that right now.

All my adult life, I have craved new-ness. Not necessarily new things - that I really couldn't care less about - but new experiences. I am not exactly the most adventurous person, but I really enjoy the feeling of a new, fresh experience. I have felt like I'm in "the waiting place" for quite some time. Even though I'm working towards a goal, it sometimes feels like I am running on a treadmill that is going faster than I can. I assume I still will feel that way for the most part, as it is, simply put, reality. But to experience a different waiting room is something I look forward to greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment